Lately I've been sifting through the pricing of other photographers with work that inspires me... and I'm blown away at rates I'm seeing.. I then begin critiquing my entire business layout and cringing at the mountain of things I need to change.
I just saw one photographer offering a 40% discount for a "lifestyle" session (which is more "candid based" in the client's home or on location instead of the traditional family posed with all smiles photos)- anyway the "discounted" session still rang up for a whopping $510! And the original price was $850??
I don't know how I could ever justify charging that amount. Maybe I'm still not giving what I do enough value. I just... aaaggg REALLY? $850 for a lifestyle session with the flash drive and a photo book? That's just a few bucks shy of my lowest WEDDING package...
I feel small. And out of my element..
Bah, on another note, Anna's cake smash was a success! Her adorable cake was made by my incredible friend Carri and not only was it GORGEOUS but it tasted phenominal!
I feel a bit guilty that with Anna's session I had the ability to stop and put her down for a nap between set ups lol.
:( My baby is turning one!
Hope to see you guys at the party!














No comments:
Post a Comment