We're concerned about Aubrie's speech delay. She's two and a half now and stringing very few words together (that we can understand). She babbles with plenty of inflection and dramatic gestures as if she knows what she's saying but it's in some foreign baby language. She's beginning to pick up new words and associating sounds with animals but we're having her hearing checked and also have someone coming to assess her development within the next week or so. We'll see where she's at..
Work is keeping me busy for the moment. I'm so SO thankful for the steady business I've had suddenly since right after Anna was born. God has moved in such amazing ways in our life this last year. My business had grown so much and I know its because I've trusted Him every time He said "leap!". I've encountered so many wonderful people and had so many amazing opportunities nearly dropped in my lap. It's insane to think that this time last year I'd had maybe 3 commissioned shoots for the ENTIRE year. Now I'm nearly turning away business because my weeks and months are so swamped (with the exception of these hot summer months when things quiet down).
I'm praying that new opportunities open up to keep us afloat in this time... and I have a feeling they will. God hasn't let us down yet!
Some of you know I gave up coffee and switched to organic chai tea. So far so good! I started on the 1st of this month and haven't caved yet! [That's kind of a big deal.. I was totally addicted! lol] :)
On a funnier note: this morning I tried my hand at pancakes..... not successfully
Mom-fail.
I tried to fix it with blueberries.
And then I burnt mine... lol
Aubrie's reaction to the mis-shapen mickey mouse was pretty hilarious.
Oh well- I'll get the hang of it one of these days!
That's all for now- back to editing! :)








I can't stop laughing.
ReplyDeleteHaha Aubrie's last expression gets me every time! She's so animated!
Delete