Thursday, July 4, 2013

The new and the now: WORDS

I swear Anna is saying "Aubrie" (she says "Auba"). It's not a surprise with how many times a day we must say her sister's name. We were lying in bed last night nursing and suddenly she sat up and with a big smile called out "Auuubaa!". She looked around for a minute smiling and called again. Then, scooting herself backward off of the bed she took off down the hallway calling "Auba, Aaauuubbaa!" until she found Aubrie. A giggle chase ensued from there. <3


That would make 3 words now: Dada, all done and Aubrie!




Aubrie has been confusing "Mommy" and "Daddy" lately. All the sudden she's been saying "Mama" when she sees Eric. I don't know why.
She's picking up a lot of new words and identifying simple objects. I can draw a house, tree, car, shoe, dog, cat, baby, banana, duck, cup, apple and she names them all perfectly in addition to knowing every letter in the alphabet. She says "hi" to her woody doll every morning and asks "where sa hat?". The question is always followed by "oh, there eh is!" She then sits woody on one of her plastic dinosaurs and says "yeehaaaw! Ride-a-cowboy! Howwy howwy howwy". True to the dramatic, super animated child she is, about 20 times a day she will stop wherever she is, plop down on the floor, cup her knee and hiss "Ssss oooww! It hurted!". The boo boo is always resolved with kisses and then she's off lol.

Today she's been repeating "Be nice to Anna" (Gee I wonder why! Haha). She talks to Anna a lot but most of it is "No, no Nanna." "Nanna get out!" or "Nanna let go!" lol

When she wants something I have in my hands she holds open her palm and says "Here you are"-she means "can I have that"(more like "give me that now"). And when she wants me to do something for her she points to it and says "Ok, here you go!" (like "come on! do this now!"). I do have to say, she's good at saying "Thank you!" and "You're welbow" when it's apropriate (don't know why "welcome" takes on a different sound altogether).

It's really cute when she tries to sing a long with music. We've seen Mulan a couple of times and the song "when will my reflection show who I am inside" (don't know the actual title) she matches the pitch and holds the tones although she doesn't catch most of the words.

The pediatrician said AZIEP would be calling us by next week and if they don't he gave us the number to contact them. I might just give them a call in the morning. It would be good to get this going!

::Sigh:: I wish we lived closer to friends with kids her age... Chan you need to move up here so the cousins can play all the time!


Wishful thinking... Alright that's all for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment